(See "Historic Loveland Churches" pg 30. Loveland Museum and Gallery, for more info)
As it exists at the present time, the Trinity United Methodist Church is the result of at least four church mergers, with roots in Loveland extending back to the late 1800s, and with deeper roots extending to the foundations of three separate denominations - the Methodist Church founded by John Wesley in England, the United Brethren in Christ Church founded by German colonists in American in the 1750s, and the Evangelical Church established by Jacob Aster in the 1760s.
Loveland settlers of German descent first organized for worship, establishing a United Bretheren Church in the early 1870s. Known locally as "Dilley Chapel," Loveland's first United Brethren Church was located at the southwest corner of 3rd Street and A Street (Lincoln Ave.). In 1907, the congregation moved into a new handsome brick church at the corner of 5th street and Grant Ave., remaining there until 1951. In that year, the UBC having merged with the Evangelical Church on a national level, a new building was erected at Trinity's current location to house the united congregations.
In 1968 the Evangelical United Brethren Church merged with the Methodist Episcopal Church, forming the United Methodist denomination. At this juncture, our congregation became known as "Trinity Church" to distinguish it from its sister congregation, First United Methodist, at 6th street and Grant Ave. Since this time, Trinity has remained a treasured part of the Loveland faith Community, and hopes to keep communicating the good news of Jesus Christ to all who will hear!